- become jealous or angry when a male partner spends time with female friends.
- use guilt or pity to manipulate a male partner into staying in the relationship.
- flirt or participate in sexual activities with other men, then become jealous if she perceives the male partner as cheating on her or paying attention to other females.
- threaten the male partner with weapons, such as knives or other objects.
- utilize her status as a female and frame the male as the perpetrator or abuser.
- threaten to "reveal" the partner's homsexual identity to family, friends, or coworkers.
- become jealous or angry when the partner spends time with other gay or male friends.
- use physical strength or force to overpower, threaten, or harm.
- take advantage of the relatively smaller community of homosexual men, and use manipulation or guilt to convince the partner to stay in the relationship.