The next Volunteer Training will be held in January. (Dates to be determined)
- Most volunteer and internship opportunities require completion of our volunteer training program.
- Trainings are held three times a year, in the fall (September), in the winter (January) and in the summer (May), with training occuring over the course of 4 days.
- Training begins Thursday evening, continues to Friday evening, and on to Saturday & Sunday.
- The total amount of hours for the weekend is about 20 hours. Volunteers will also receive additional on-site training.
- Volunteers must also complete EVE's Volunteer/Internship Application which includes a background check.
- Once the paperwork has been filled out and sent to the contact below, EVE will review your application and run the criminal background check. It may take a few days to process and you will updated on the status of your application.
- A TB test must also be obtained for most volunteer opportunities. You can get a free TB test from the Ingham County Health Department, 5303 S. Cedar in Lansing.
- Please complete and return your application as soon as possible so that all necessary paperwork can be processed in a timely matter. If you are planning to attend the upcoming training session, all paperwork must be completed 2 weeks prior to the training.
Please download and email all applications directly to Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org