The next Volunteer Training is scheduled for January 12-15, 2017. WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING AN OFFICE VOLUNTEER
- Most volunteer and internship opportunities require completion of our volunteer training program.
- Training's are held three times a year, in the fall (September), in the winter (January) and in the summer (May), with training occuring over the course of 4 days.
- Training begins Thursday evening, continues to Friday evening, and on to Saturday & Sunday.
- The total amount of hours for the weekend is about 20 hours. Volunteers will also receive additional on-site training.
- Volunteers must also complete EVE's Volunteer/Internship Application which includes a background check.
- Once the paperwork has been filled out and sent to the contact below, EVE will review your application and run the criminal background check. It may take a few days to process and you will updated on the status of your application.
- A TB test must also be obtained for most volunteer opportunities. You can get a free TB test from the Ingham County Health Department, 5303 S. Cedar in Lansing.
- Please complete and return your application as soon as possible so that all necessary paperwork can be processed in a timely matter. If you are planning to attend the upcoming training session, all paperwork must be completed 2 weeks prior to the training.
Group Volunteer Application
Groups can get involved with the Community Education program by participating in public awareness, outreach, and can also work with EVE's Community Development Director to provide support at annual fundraisers or organize an event of their own. Groups are also encouraged to collect or create donated items for EVE's programs. EVE is always open to creative ideas and will work with the skills you bring to the table to find a great placement. Contact us to find out more ways you can help support survivors.
Please note that any individual seeking an opportunity that involves working directly with clients must complete th Volunteer Training held three times a year. Click the link below to download a Volunteer Application. You can submit them to EVE's Community Relations Coordinator on the contact section of the website. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, but please submit your paperwork as soon as possible to find placement for the upcoming semester.
EVE gladly accepts community service volunteers who need to complete probationary hours or to finish court mandated workshops. While we do ask for sensitive information, we treat all applicants equally and appreciate the help from those who choose EVE as their choice of placement. Community Service applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please contact Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to send in your application.